The PRIMA INTEL-IRRIS coding challenge is starting on April 2023 and will end on July 31st, 2023. The purpose of the coding challenge is to improve the INTEL-IRRIS Irrigation WaziApp (IIWA) application.
The current IIWA code developed by WAZIUP and UPPA defines a framework for a smart irrigation application running on the INTEL-IRRIS WaziGate. IIWA will provide the added embedded intelligence to accurately determine and view soil humidity levels of the deployed low-cost soil humidity sensors. Targeting the smallholder farmer communities, IIWA seeks to take into account multiple agriculture knowledge & parameters to embed them into the INTEL-IRRIS WaziGate. The sensor-gateway system will then work autonomously, mostly without Internet, to implement the “intelligent irrigation in-the-box” approach of the INTEL-IRRIS starter-kit.
GET THE CODE
The IIWA code that should be used for the coding challenge can be obtained from the IIWA challenge GitHub repository.
SOME LINKS TO START WITH
- Presentation of the INTEL-IRRIS starter-kit
- Presentation of the current IIWA application
- Presentation of the piloting program with the INTEL-IRRIS starter-kit
- All INTEL-IRRIS tutorials/videos/slides resources
- Understanding capacitive soil moisture sensors with focus on the SEN0308 used by the INTEL-IRRIS starter-kit (D3.6a)
- Understanding tensiometer soil moisture sensors with focus on the Watermark used by the INTEL-IRRIS starter-kit: see the “Watermark-related resources” section in the Link menu.